SERVES: 4 – 6
PREP TIME: 10 MINUTES
STOVE TOP TIME: 15 MINUTES
WONDERBAG TIME: 2 HOURS
- 3/4 cup water
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 orange
- 10 whole cloves
- 1 (750 ml) bottle red wine
- In a saucepan, combine the water, sugar, and cinnamon stick.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Cut the orange in half, and squeeze the juice into the simmering water.
- Push the cloves into the outside of the orange peel, and place peel in the simmering water.
- Add 2/3 of the bottle of wine, bring to the boil.
- Simmer and then place the sealed pot in the Wonderbag on a mat or cloth and seal.
- Leave for 2 hours.
- Open the Wonderbag and add the remaining wine.
- Remove the clove-studded orange halves.
- Serve hot in mugs or glasses that have been preheated in warm water (cold glasses will break).
- Decorate with a slice of orange.