PREP TIME: 15 MINUTES
STOVE TOP TIME: 30 MINUTES
WONDERBAG TIME: 4 HOUR
- 2 TBSP (30ml) Oil
- 2 medium onions, peeled and chopped
- 2 large cloves garlic, peeled and minced 20 curry leaves
- 2 TBSP (30ml) medium curry powder
- 1 TBSP (15ml) Ground cumin or Jeera
- 1 TBSP (15ml) Ground coriander or Dhania
- 2 TBSP (30ml) Brown sugar
- 2 tsp (10ml) coarse ground black pepper
- 2 tsp (10ml) salt
- 16 – 20 Chicken thighs (1.6 – 2kg)
- 1 tin tomato puree
- 2 tins chopped tomato
- 3 large potatoes, peeled and cut into 6 pieces each
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- Fresh coriander to garnish
- Heat the oil in a 8 – 10lt pot.
- Fry the onion and garlic until lightly browned.
- Add the curry leaves, curry powder, cumin and coriander and fry for 2 minutes.
- Add the chicken pieces and fry while stirring for 5 minutes.
- Add all the remaining ingredients, except the fresh coriander and bring to the boil.
- Turn down the heat, place the lid on the pot and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Place the pot in the Wonderbag on a mat or cloth, seal and leave to cook for 4 hours.
- Open the Wonderbag, check the seasoning and adjust if needed.
- Serve with rice, pap, roti or naan bread and poppadum’s and sambals.