SERVES: 8 – 10
PREP TIME: 15 MINUTES
STOVE TOP TIME: 50 MINUTES
WONDERBAG TIME: 4 HOURS
- 3 cups (750ml) Bread Flour
- 650ml lukewarm Water
- 10ml Dry Yeast
- 10ml Salt
- 5ml Black Pepper
- 10ml Sugar
- 125ml Corn Kernels
- 250ml grated Cheese
- 6 Spring Onions, chopped
- Place the bread flour, yeast, salt and spices in a bowl.
- Stir in the cheese and chopped spring onions.
- Add the corn kernels, water and oil and mix well.
- Knead until a smooth soft and pliable dough is formed (it must not be sticky. Add more flour if needed).
- Lightly oil a 1.5lt stainless steel bowl.
- Place the dough in the bowl, cover and leave to rise for 20 minutes.
- Cover the bowl with tin foil with a pleat in to allow the bread to rise, and secure this with string.
- Place in an 8 – 10t pot on a cloth and fill halfway up the side of the bowl with water.
- Place the covered pot on the stove over a medium heat and allow the bread to steam for 45 minutes.
- Place the whole pot in a Wonderbag on a cloth or mat and seal.
- Leave to steam for 4 hours.
- Open, remove the bowl, uncover and unmould the bread.
- Serve with butter.
- Great for camping!