PREP TIME: 30 MINUTES
STOVE TOP TIME: 25 MINUTES
WONDERBAG TIME: 4 HOURS
- 450g chorizo or spicy lamb sausage
- 9 corn tortillas
- 8 eggs
- 1 ½ cups milk
- 1 jalapeño chilli, seeded, finely chopped
- 5ml salt
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 200ml sliced green onions
- 500ml grated cheddar or pepper Jack cheese
- 30ml chopped Coriander
- 250ml Chunky salsa
- Grease a 5 – 6lt pot with olive oil or cooking spray.
- Place 3 tortillas in the base of the pot, tearing if needed to cover bottom.
- In medium bowl, beat eggs, milk, salt and chilli with a whisk.
- Top tortillas with ½ of the sausage, 1/3 of the bell pepper, green onions and cheese.
- Repeat layers and top with last 1/3 of the bell pepper, green onions and cheese.
- Pour the milk and egg mix over the tortillas.
- Cover with the lid and cook on a low heat for 25 minutes.
- Place the pot on a cloth or mat in the Wonderbag, seal and leave for 4 hours.
- Remove the pot from the bag and if you would like more colour, place under the grill until light golden. 10. Serve with salsa and avocado slices, if desired.
Great for brunch!