Serves: 4 – 6
PREP TIME: 10 MINUTES
STOVE TOP TIME: 10 MINUTES
WONDERBAG TIME: 2 HOURS
- 1kg butternut squash, peeled, deseeded and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 yellow onions, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 45ml of olive oil
- 5ml fresh thyme
- 2,5ml cinnamon
- 1 ¼ lt vegetable bouillon
- 7,5ml Salt
- 7,5ml pepper
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium-high heat.
- Add the onions and garlic and sauté until translucent (about 5 minutes).
- Add the butternut squash, thyme and bouillon.
- Increase the heat to high, and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer, covered for about 5 minutes.
- Place your lidded pot on a mat or cloth in the Wonderbag for a minimum of 2 hours to finish cooking.
- Purée using a stick blender or food processer.
- Serve with a swirl of fresh cream and a dollop of basil pesto.