SERVES: 4 – 6
PREP TIME: 30 MINUTES
STOVE TOP TIME: 25 MINUTES
WONDERBAG TIME: 2 HOURS
- Oil for frying
- 5 medium aubergines, cut into thin slices
- 2 onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic chopped
- 3 x 400g tin chopped tomato
- 15ml mixed herbs
- 250ml grated parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 30ml sugar
- Heat some oil in a frying pan and fry the seasoned aubergine slices in oil until lightly brown. Remove and drain on paper towel.
- In the same pan, fry the onion and garlic until golden.
- Add the tin of chopped tomatoes, herbs, sugar and salt and pepper to taste.
- In a medium sized pot with a lid, lay 1/3 of the aubergine slices. Top with 1/3 of the tomato and onion mix and 1/3 of the parmesan.
- Repeat the layers, ending with parmesan.
- Place the pot on the stove and bring to the boil.
- Close the pot with its lid and simmer for 5 mins.
- Place the sealed pot in the Wonderbag on a mat or cloth, seal and leave to cook for 2 hours.
- Garnish with parsley and serve with crusty ciabatta or salad.