SERVES: 4 – 6
PREP TIME: 10 MINUTES
STOVE TOP TIME: 20 MINUTES
WONDERBAG TIME: 2 HOURS
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 500ml water
- 2 x 400g tin of black beans, drained and rinsed
- 375ml frozen corn
- 150ml tomato paste
- 250ml water
- 3 chilli’s, chopped
- 30ml sugar
- 15ml paprika
- 15ml mixed herbs
- 7,5ml chipotle seasoning
- 10ml salt
- 7,5ml pepper
- 3 large boneless chicken breasts
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese for serving
- Sour cream for serving
- Crushed tortilla’s for serving
- Fry the onion and garlic in the oil until lightly golden.
- Add the water, black beans, corn, tomato paste, chilli, sugar, paprika, mixed herbs, chipotle seasoning, salt and pepper and bring to the boil.
- Cut the chicken breast in half to give 2 thinner fillets and place on top of the soup.
- Place the lid on the pot and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Place in the Wonderbag on a mat or cloth, seal and leave to cook for 2 hours.
- Remove the chicken breast, shred and stir into the soup.
- Serve with grated cheese, sour cream and crushed taco’s on top of the soup.