SERVES: 4 – 6
PREP TIME: 10 MINUTES
STOVE TOP TIME: 35 MINUTES
WONDERBAG TIME: 3 HOURS
- 30ml cooking oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 12 – 14 chicken drumsticks
- 20 pitted green olives, drained
- 2 x 400g tins tomato puree
- 250ml water
- 12,5ml coarse ground black pepper
- 15ml salt
- 45ml brown sugar
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 15ml mixed herbs
- Heat the oil in a medium sized pot and fry the onion and garlic until lightly browned.
- Add the chicken and fry, turning to ensure that the pieces are browned.
- Add the remaining vegetables and fry for 3 minutes.
- Simmer for 25 minutes and the place in the Wonderbag on a cloth or mat, seal and leave to cook for 3 hours.
- Remove and serve with rice, crusty bread or mashed potato.