SERVES: 6 – 8
PREP TIME: 10 MINUTES
STOVE TOP TIME: 30 MINUTES
WONDERBAG TIME: 4 ½ HOURS
DIFFICULTY – EASY
- 2 ½ kg lamb or mutton on the bone (shoulder, shank or neck), cut into 3cm slices
- 2 ½ kg green OR savoy cabbage
- 1 bunch spring onions
- 2 sprigs rosemary
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed 500ml water
- 6 teaspoons whole black peppercorns Salt to taste (3 – 4 teaspoons)
- Cut the cabbage into quarters through the core, and cut each quarter into 2 or 3 wedges.
- If using baby savoy, cut each cabbage into 4 wedges (the core holds the leaves together during the long cooking process)
- Chop the spring onions and crush the garlic
- Pour the water into a large casserole dish or pot
- Place a layer of lamb, then cabbage, spring onions, garlic and a rosemary sprig and sprinkle with salt and peppercorns.
- Repeat layering until the meat and cabbage is finished. The final layer should always be cabbage
- Cover and bring to the boil
- Simmer for 30 minutes with the lid on
- Place the well-sealed pot into the Wonderbag on a mat or pot stand
- Seal the bag and leave for 4 ½ hours
- Open and serve with boiled potato, flat bread and lingonberry jam.