PREP TIME: 15 MINUTES
STOVE TOP TIME: 30 MINUTES
WONDERBAG TIME: 2 ½ HOURS
- 6 ripe banana’s peeled and halved lengthways
- 60ml butter
- 200ml dark brown sugar
- 100ml coconut
- 45ml lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius
- Line a medium sized pot with tin foil (29cm)
- Place the butter, sugar, lemon juice and coconut in the lined pot and place on the stove until the butter is melted and everything is well mixed.
- Top with the sliced bananas, place the lid on the pot, reduce the heat and simmer for 5 minutes. Remove from the heat
- 220ml cake flour
- 5ml baking powder
- 2,5ml ground cinnamon
- 2,5ml mixed spice
- 2,5ml salt
- 200ml sugar
- 60ml softened butter
- 2 large eggs
- 30ml milk
- Beat the butter, sugar and eggs until light and fluffy.
- Add the flour, spices, baking powder, salt and milk and beat until mixed.
- Smooth the mixture carefully on top of the banana’s.
- Place the pot in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Remove and place in the on the pot and place directly in the Wonderbag on a mat or cloth and seal.
- Leave to steam for 2 ½ hours.
- Remove the foil with the cake carefully and upend on a plate.
- Serve with cream or ice cream