PREP TIME: 15 MINUTES
STOVE TOP TIME: 25 MINUTES
WONDERBAG TIME: 2 HOURS
- 15ml olive oil
- 800g skinless, boneless chicken thighs
- 1 onion
- 5ml ginger, finely chopped
- 1 green pepper, sliced in strips
- 1 red pepper, sliced in strips
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 375ml pineapple juice
- 30ml brown sugar
- 30ml soya sauce
- 45ml water
- 30ml corn starch
- Chopped spring onions or coriander for garnish.
- Sprinkle the chicken with salt and pepper.
- In a medium size pot, heat the oil and brown the chicken a few pieces at a time. Remove and set aside.
- Place onions, garlic, ginger and peppers in the pot and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the chicken and all the remaining ingredients except the garnish.
- Bring to the boil, place the lid on the pot, turn down the heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Place the sealed pot on a mat or cloth in the Wonderbag and seal.
- Leave for 2 hours.
- Garnish with coriander or chopped spring onions and serve with basmati rice.