SERVES: 4 – 6
PREP TIME: 10 MINUTES
STOVE TOP TIME: 25 MINUTES
WONDERBAG TIME: 2 HOURS
- 1 ½ lt water
- 200ml firmly packed brown sugar
- 500g dried fruit
- 4 orange slices
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and grated
- Plain yogurt or sour cream for serving
- Ground cinnamon for dusting
- Combine all ingredients except yogurt and ground cinnamon in heavy medium saucepan.
- Bring to boil, stirring until sugar dissolves.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes with the lid on.
- Place the sealed pot on a cloth or mat in the Wonderbag, seal and leave for 2 hours.
- Transfer fruit only to glass bowl, using slotted spoon.
- Boil liquid until reduced by half.
- Pour liquid over fruit, discarding orange slices.
- Serve warm, room temperature or chilled, topping with dollop of yogurt and dusting of cinnamon.
- Can be served with breakfast or as a dessert.