PREP TIME: 10 MINUTES
STOVE TOP TIME: 40 MINUTES
WONDERBAG TIME: 2 HOURS
- 1 large red cabbage (about 1kg)
- 25g butter
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- finely grated rind and juice 1 orange
- 1 clove
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 250ml vegetable bouillon
- 30ml red wine vinegar
- 250ml water
- 5ml black pepper
- 5ml salt
- 30ml brown sugar
- Peel off the outer leaves of the cabbage, then cut into quarters and slice out the core.
- Use a sharp knife or the slicing attachment of a food processor to thinly slice the cabbage.
- Heat the butter in a large saucepan, then tip in the onions and gently fry until softened, about 5 mins.
- Add the orange zest to the pan along with the cinnamon stick and then cook for 1 min more.
- Add the shredded cabbage and then pour over the vegetable bouillon, red wine vinegar, orange juice and water.
- Add the sugar and seasoning.
- Bring up to the boil and then reduce the heat to a simmer, covered for 20 minutes.
- Place the sealed pot on a cloth or mat in the Wonderbag and cook for 2 hours.