SERVES: 6 – 8
PREP TIME: 25 MINUTES
STOVE TOP TIME: 50 MINUTES
WONDERBAG TIME: 5 – 8 HOURS
- 12 baby potatoes
- 5 carrots, peeled and cut into 2-inch slices
- 8 – 10 baby onions, peeled
- 1 – 1.5kg boneless beef roll
- 45ml basil pesto
- 30ml fried onion
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 500ml beef bouillon
- 15ml chives, chopped
- 30ml parsley, chopped
- 3 sprigs thyme
- 2,5ml pepper
- 30ml onion soup mix
- 30ml Worcestershire sauce
- 1 x 400g can cream of mushroom soup
- Put potatoes, carrots and onion in a medium sized pot.
- Unroll the roast and spread the basil pesto over the inside, sprinkle with fried onion and chopped garlic and roll up again.
- Place the roast on top of the vegetables, fat side up.
- Pour in the beef bouillon.
- Sprinkle chives, parsley, pepper and Onion Soup mix over the meat.
- Pour Worcestershire sauce and mushroom soup over meat.
- Bring to the boil and simmer for 40 minutes with the lid on.
- Place the sealed pot in the Wonderbag on a mat or cloth and seal.
- Leave to cook for 5 – 8 hours or overnight.
- Remove the meat and place under the grill for the fat to brown.
- Spoon the vegetables on a platter and thicken some of the juices from the pot with some onion soup to make gravy.