PREP TIME: 20 MINUTES
STOVE TOP TIME: 1 HOUR 45 MINUTES
WONDERBAG TIME: 8 HOURS OR OVERNIGHT
DIFFICULTY: EASY TO MODERATE
- 4 large Lamb Shanks
- 30ml Oil
- 2 Onions, peeled and chopped
- 4 Cloves Garlic, chopped
- 1 Chilli, chopped
- 30ml Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 sprigs Rosemary
- 4 sprigs Thyme
- 4 Carrots, peeled and chopped
- 50ml Brown Sugar
- 500ml Red Wine or Beef Stock
- 2 tins chopped Tomato
- 1 tin Tomato Puree
- 15ml Salt
- 15ml Pepper
- In a frying pan, brown the seasoned lamb shanks and set aside.
- In a large pot, heat the oil and fry the onion and garlic until light golden.
- Add the chilli and balsamic vinegar and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Add the lamb shanks and all the remaining ingredients and bring to the boil.
- Turn down the heat and simmer for 1 hour 20minutes.
- Place the lid on the pot, and place in the Wonderbag on a cloth or mat and seal.
- Leave to cook or 8 hours or overnight.
- Serve with mash and roasted vegetables.