PREP TIME: 5 MINUTES
STOVE TOP TIME: 20 MINUTES
WONDERBAG TIME: 2 HOURS
- 1 clove of garlic, finely chopped
- 1 baby onion, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp roughly chopped parsley and sage
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 litre chicken or vegetable stock
- 50 g fresh bacon, roughly chopped
- 1 pinch cracked black pepper
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 400g/14.11oz (1 can) cannellini beans
- 1 tomato
- 1 loaf ciabatta bread, sliced for croutons
- In a large pot, braise the bacon over a low heat- so as not to colour.
- Add onion, garlic, and herbs. Braise in olive oil for 5 min, add chopped tomato and cook for further 5 min.
- Add can of beans, keep 4tbsp of beans aside for garnish.
- Add chicken or vegetable stock. Allow to simmer for 10 minutes.
- Blend and push the soup through a sieve.
- Bring your soup back to the boil and add your 4 tbsp garnish beans to the pot.
- Once soup has been brought to a boil, place the pot into the Wonderbag and allow to stand for 2 hours.
To make croutons: drizzle ciabatta slices with olive oil and grill, preferably over an open fire or in a frying pan until brown. Serve soup hot with croutons.