PREP TIME: 5 MINUTES
STOVE TOP TIME: 30 MINUTES
WONDERBAG TIME: 1 HOUR
- 3 Tbl olive oil
- 1 tbl butter
- 6 large onions, peeled and thinly sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 1 tbl sugar
- 2 tbl plain flour
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- Heat the oil and butter in a pot and add the onions. Fry gently for 10 minutes. Do not allow the onions to brown.
- Add the garlic and sugar, and continue to cook on a low heat for a further 15 minutes.
- Add the flour and cook for 2 minutes, stirring all the time.
- Pour in the wine and stir.
- Gently add the stock and bring to the boil.
- Cover the pot and simmer for 2 minutes on a medium heat.
- Place the lidded pot in the Wonderbag for 1 hour to finish cooking.
- Serve with toasted French bread.