SERVES: 4 – 6
PREP TIME: 25 MINUTES
STOVE TOP TIME: 40 MINUTES
WONDERBAG TIME: 4 HOURS
- 1 large chicken
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 onion, peeled and quartered
- 1 whole carrot
- 1,25lt water
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 30ml Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, whole
- 1 sprig rosemary
- 2 sprigs thyme
- 3 sprigs parsley
- 12 baby potatoes
- 12 baby carrots
- 8 – 10 pearl onions, peeled
- 250g mixed baby squash such as gems, courgettes and patty pans
- 250g button mushrooms, rinsed
- Sprinkle the whole chicken with salt and pepper.
- Place the onion, carrot, garlic, rosemary, thyme and parsley in the bottom of the pot and place the chicken on top.
- Add the water, bouillon cube and Worcestershire sauce, baby potatoes and baby onions.
- Cover and bring to the boil.
- Simmer for 30 minutes and then place the sealed pot in the Wonderbag on a mat or cloth, seal and leave for 3 ½ hours.
- Remove the pot and place back on the stove.
- Remove the quartered onion, carrot and herbs.
- Add the remainder of the small vegetables and simmer for 10 minutes and place back in the Wonderbag for 30 minutes.
- Remove and place the chicken under the grill to brown.
- Carefully place the chicken and baby veg on a platter.
- Thicken the sauce to make a gravy and serve with the roast