SERVES: 4 – 6
PREP TIME: 10 MINUTES
STOVE TOP TIME: 40 MINUTES
WONDERBAG TIME: 3 HOURS
- 30ml oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 700g beef mince
- 250g mushrooms, quartereds
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and grated
- 150ml tomato paste
- 30ml chopped parsley
- 15ml salt
- 10ml coarse black pepper
- 100ml BBQ sauce
- 3 large parboiled potatoes
- 1 cup grated cheddar
- In a medium sized pot, heat the oil and lightly fry the onion and garlic.
- Add the mushrooms and mince and fry for 10 minutes.
- Add the grated carrot, tomato paste, parsley, salt, pepper and BBQ sauce and bring to the boil.
- Top with slices of the parboiled potato, close with the lid, turn down the heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Place in the Wonderbag on a mat or cloth, seal and leave to cook for 3 hours.
- Remove for the bag, top with grated cheese and place under the grill until the cheese is melted and golden.
- Serve with rice or crusty bread and salad.