SERVES: 4 – 6
PREP TIME: 25 MINUTES
STOVE TOP TIME: 20 MINUTES
WONDERBAG TIME: 3 HOURS
- 30ml oil
- 1 onion sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 medium carrots, peeled and cubed
- 2 x 400g tin drained, rinsed chickpeas
- 600g boneless skinless chicken breast cubed
- 7,5ml ground cumin
- 7,5ml ground turmeric
- 7,5ml ground coriander
- 10ml coarse ground black pepper
- 15ml salt
- 2 x 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 90ml chopped coriander
- In a medium sized pot, heat the oil and lightly fry the onion and garlic.
- Add the cumin, coriander, turmeric and chicken and fry for 2 minutes.
- Add all the remaining ingredients and bring to the boil.
- Place the lid on the pot, turn down the heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Place in the Wonderbag on a mat or cloth, seal and leave to cook for 3 hours.
- Remove from the Wonderbag and serve with basmati rice or flat bread.